Friday, June 4, 2010

Is The Bible Your Idol? (Dream 6-4-2010)


John 5:39-40 (NKJV)

“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.”

1st Corinthians 1:20-21 (YLT)
 
where [is] the wise? where the scribe? where a disputer of this age? did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world? for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing.

The Lord gave me a dream last night concerning the scriptures and the preaching of the gospel (good news). In this dream I saw two people sitting down at a table and studying an old worn out King James Version bible. They were diligently studying, clutching, and leaning over this bible as if it were their be all and end all, to them it was their god, and nothing else mattered to them. I walked over to the table and said, "I have something that is gonna make you think", I told them to go to, Acts 9:7, Acts 22:9, and Acts 26:13-14. (In these scriptures there is a discrepancy with the testimony of the writer of Acts (Luke) and the testimony of Paul concerning his road to Damascus experience with Jesus). Then I said to one of the people in the room, "God annoints a man to preach His gospel, and His gospel is simple." I asked, "what is the gospel?", and the person answered, "good news", and I asked, "good news of what?", the person answered after thinking about it, "the kingdom", and then I asked, "what did Jesus say we must do to enter the kingdom?", the person answered, "be born again", I said, "that's right, we must be born of water and Spirit". (end)

Jesus chose twelve disciples whom He taught, appointed, anointed and sent out as His apostles to preach the gospel (The New Testament scriptures were not written until at least twenty years after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus), God never meant for the bible to replace His true ministers, otherwise He wouldn't have ever used man, and when we make the bible our god we deceive ourselves and miss the simple but powerful way God chose to save those who believe in Jesus. The scripture doesn't say He chose the bible to save those who believe, but the preaching, and we should never put the written word above the Living Word!
 
In Jesus,
Tyrone


2 comments:

  1. I receive this... Amen! Tyrone this answers a lot of questions for me. The LORD sends me almost daily to Ezekiel 17. I asked the LORD, why this chapter over and over?? Why this book? After reading your dream I went back to a what the LORD asked me not so long ago. Do you love me? Feed my people. Well, the bible isn't all we have. Like the apostles who had only the tesitmony of Christ. We have the good news, our testimonies, THE TRUTH, and we have most importantly Christ being born again in HIM. So, I thank you LORD for sending me this. I thank you also LORD for brother Tyrone sharing what you revealed to him.

    In Christ,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God sister!! I'm so encouraged by your comment and I thank God that this dream helped you. The Lord gives each one of us something in part and working together we can see a better picture of Him!

    ReplyDelete